Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sleeping

I'm awake again. I think I slept for half an hour and then I woke up and here I am. I'm finding this really frustrating. Ever since this summer I've been having trouble sleeping and I honestly don't know why. Why would I sleep perfectly fine almost every night for 7 years and then suddenly have insomnia again. They say that insomnia is usually a by-product of something else, but I honestly don't know what. I'm not sick. I don't feel depressed or stressed out. Most of the time I don't even lie there thinking about things I have to do or worrying, I just lie there. The only anxiety I really have is anxiety that I won't sleep. Which honestly could be enough to do it right there. But how do you snap out of that? How do you convince yourself not to be worried about not sleeping when you're not sleeping?

These are the mysteries.

Anyone got any brilliant ideas for me? I hate taking the over the counter meds because they make me groggy and naseuos the next day. But I'm scared of the real sleeping pills, two of the girls at work are dependant on them but are only allowed them one week a month...so sometimes they only sleep properly one week a month. I'm still doing better than that, I only lose..1-8 nights a month. Still too many though. Warm milk is nasty and baths don't help at all, I can't sleep when I'm too warm. So I take the over the counter meds and feel wierd the next day. Bah on sleep.