Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bark of the Bog Owl by Jonathan Rogers: Day 2



So today the website is up, and here's your promised site review :)

Wilderking.com


Overall I have to say it's a nice, well put together site. It's attractive and the look ties in with the books. There's quite a bit of info on it including book synopsises, quite an in depth note from the author about the books, and a little zoomable map.

What I especially liked:
-I like how the little illustrations are incorporated into the design, very cute,
-It's well coded and works in firefox properly
-Nice colours, they tie in with the swampy feel while still being easy to read.
-Lots of information.

Things I wasn't so fond of (nit pics):
-I'd like it to be centered. I have a big screen and it's nice if the webpage isn't hanging out in the corner.
-The splash (intro) page is cute, but doesn't match the rest of the site.
-It took me a minute to figure out how to turn of the swamp noises (it's the bird!)
-The link to the blog leads back to the main site.
-When you first enter the site there's navigation in three places. Overly redundant in my humble opinion.

Overall I liked the site and you should definitely check it out! You can even buy signed copies of the series there.