Monday, November 12, 2007

Saving my Pennies

So it's time. Time for a new camera. Well...more realistically it's time to be saving up for a new camera. I'm trying to save my art money and I've got about $200 at the moment...and a cheque in the mail (the cheque's in the mail, right?). So I'm getting somewhere. But before I arrive at my shiny new camera destination I need to figure out what it is. I was leaning towards the Canon XTi...because I have the film Rebel G and I've always liked it (it's still alive and well it's just...film). But everyone and their dog seems to have a Nikon. So conflicting! So, all you camera people out there (and I know you're out there), please let me know what camera you have and why you chose it out of all the pretty options. Help me make an informed decision.

I'm looking for a digital SLR, under $1000 (the more under the better, obviously). I mostly take pictures of nature and people, but I'd like to be able to take good indoor pictures...of food and the like. All the better to blog with my dear.

Because this point and shoot Kodak Easyshare that turns off when I zoom? A little limited.