Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chocolate Chipy Goodness


(photo from stock.xchng)

For Kait, here is my chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's from my Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's the recipe my mom, my aunt and my cousin all swear by. In my mind, there is no other recipe. Barb makes them tiny and undercooks them just a touch for chewy goodness. I make them a touch bigger (but still small) and get them just brown on the bottom. I also add less chocolate then it calls for. These stay nice and soft, but don't melt into the bendy puddles that some cookies do.

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Evah!
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips


My adjustments are:

add 1 tsp vanilla
a bit more salt (I just prefer salty sweetness)
Instead of the chips I take a good bar of dark chocolate and chop it up. I love the bittersweetness and you don't need as much this way.

It makes about 4 dozen cookies they say. I sometimes eat a cookie or so worth of dough (bad I know, but I'd rather risk getting food poisoning someday for the years of yummy dough eating I have enjoyed). You bake for 10 min at 375.