Saturday, October 11, 2008

Spoonflower

So I'm in the process of ordering my doll and bird fabric from
Spoonflower
and I realized I hadn't shown you my sample swatches yet.

Spoonflower
is a fabric printing on demand service. You send then a file, and they print you custom fabric with your print and mail it to you. I decided that this would be a big time saver for my toys, and really the price difference isn't that bad when you consider than I'm currently paying for fabric + bubble jet set + printer ink.

Anyway, I ordered two 8x8 swatches with parts of my toys on them to see how the colours would print.



All in all I'm pretty happy. The colours are brighter and crisper than I can manage. The reds pulled towards orange, so I adjusted that. 10 yards of fabric are coming my way soon! (I'm paying $192 total. So that's 19.20 a yard including the shipping)