Monday, November 17, 2008

Book Meme

Blame my mom for tagging me. These are seven random book related facts about me.

1. I read really fast. About 3 novels a week on average (I can read one a day easy if I let myself). Once in college they gave us speed reading tips, for studying purposes...and I realized that that's how I read all the time. This also means that I have a huge vocabulary and crap spelling.

2. Pride and Prejudice is my favourite book that I've never read. I love all three movie versions...as well as anything else loosely based on it. That's actually really embarrassing, I need to read that book.

3. When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to read most of my parents sci-fi/fantasy books (for good reason :P) but the covers were soooo pretty. So when they left them in the bathroom I would read them and put them back exactly as I found them. Ha, betcha you two didn't know that!

4. I own 38 books by Anne McCaffrey. Hrm, that's kinda a lot considering it's been a while since I read them. But you just don't sell your friends.

5. My scary tolerance is higher for books than it is for movies. Much higher as my movie tolerance is that I'm a big pansy.

6. My mom read my brother and I "Strange Companions" when we were kids and I was sooo upset when Archie died (sorry for the spoiler :P) that I wouldn't let her continue for a long time. He was trampled by a moose. I'm still kinda scared of mooses. Well not that scared apparently.

7. My favourite book covers of all time are:
Kushiels Chosen (cover by John Jude Palencar...I love him)

Od Magic (cover by kinuko craft...who I also love)

Iron Kissed (cover By Daniel Dos Santos, okay so I love them all)

The Black Unicorn (cover by Heather Cooper...who I don't acually know anything about...but let's assume I'd love her)


Say no to cheap photo manip covers people! More paintings!

And for extra fun...this is one of my least favourite covers eeeever. Who thought these were a good idea? Who!

Well that might have been a bit much for number 7.

I tag:
1. Kait
2. Karen (ha! you've been double tagged, now you have to do it)
3. Nicole
4. And Nicole
5. Mirtika
6. Jen (post it on facebook if you must)
7. Kari (ditto)