Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Christmas Meme

Because I feel like sitting for a bit, and I know you all care. From Karen's Blog. Let me know if you do it!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? If you ask this question you have clearly never received a gift from me. It's not just wrapping paper, it's an art form. There is a theme. The only time I give gift bags is if I've made them myself.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. You can go back and forth about the eco-friendlyness of it all but I think plastic is just not as nice. Also then you have to store it. And it doesn't smell nice.

3. When do you put up the tree? Um this weekend? After I finish hanging artwork and curtains? (yay! I finished painting the trim today!)

4. When do you take the tree down? When it dies. One year we had a tree in this little not very warm cabin my husband was living in. The tree lived till mid February. That's not normal.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. Especially in eggnog french toast.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? mmmm...probably the dollhouse my parents and grandparents made me.

7. Hardest person to buy for? People who say they don't want a present. Don't be difficult! You're getting one, so you might as well tell me what you want! Seriously.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Barb or Jen. As I just buy them things I like.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, maybe next year I will make one...

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Are those the only two options? Does saying Merry Christmas on my blog count?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't answer that, everyone who buys me things reads my blog :P

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown...or maybe the Grinch. I like it old school.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in November when I suddenly realize that I should be more organized. Sometimes I realize this in mid December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't regive, unless it happens to be to the thrift store.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Shortbread. And everything else. Christmas is much much more about food then presents (I mean, after Jesus...and family...but then food)

16. Lights on the tree? White please.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I favour the melancholy minor key carols...although I think God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is the most fun to sing.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on how far away my family is, because that's where I'll be!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid and something and Blitzen...I guess that's a no.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Stockings and immediate family in the morning, other stuff...other times.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who refer to it as "The Season". It's so irritatingly vague. If you celebrate a different winter holiday you can wish me a Happy Holidays...or a Happy Hanukkah or Happy Solstice or whatever. But please to don't talk about The Season. Are you wishing me greetings for Winter? The ski season? Sometimes I like to wish people Season's Greetings in Summer, just to throw them off. Because who doesn't want a nice Summer season? Come to think of it, you aren't even wishing them anything, just greeting them. So really, you could just say "hi, it's Winter" and it would be the same thing.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I like natural woodsy things and little whimsical feather birds. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any (well I have...two birds) thus I hate all my decorations at the moment.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Gravy? I just love it aaaall.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To not throw up Christmas Dinner. That would be great.