Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Entryway Makeover

So, much like the rest of the house, our tiny entryway was in rough shape when we moved in. The same dingy pinky beige with tiny holes everywhere as all our walls were. Yay! The upside to renting a house with nasty walls is that they let you paint them colours like robin's egg blue. The back entryway is the same colour. The rest of the house is pretty sedate but this colour makes me smile!

So here is the before:


And here's the present cuteness:




The fabric is by Heather Bailey and the owls were made by my awesome cousin. The paint is Blue Seafoam and Simply White (Benjamin Moore).

I think it still needs a super cute welcome mat. I'll let you know if I pick one up. Someday I will take pictures of the rest of our house, but I'm still just not totally satisfied with most of the rooms, need some tweaks still.