Saturday, April 16, 2011

#16



Perfect cupcakes anyone? I was at Alpine Grind the other day and had the best cupcake ever. I have since been trying to replicate it. I started with this recipe but while the raspberry buttercream was awesome, the chocolate cupcakes turned out rather...well they shrunk. Tragic. But I still had some yummy frosting left so I had a do-over with my favourite chocolate cake recipe. I think it was my grammas. Not sure. But if you want to make amazing cupcakes, here you go!

Classic Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream

cupcakes:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salk
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla

Beat for 2 mintues at medium
Makes about 2 dozen cupcakes
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes

Raspberry Buttercream (from Completely Delicious):
1 cup butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup raspberry puree, seeds removed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt

Beat until smooth.