Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Craig!

So yesterday was Craig's birthday, he's now old like me (26). I had to work from 10-4, but when I got home I gave him his present (a field guide to mushrooms...might not be everyone's thing but he was pretty excited) and we went out for dinner. We went to The Greek Oven and had yummy calamari and roast lamb. Then we came home and watched 3:10 to Yuma and had some yummy cheese and crackers and most of a bottle of wine his buddy brought up from Chile for him. Yes we spend more on food than on presents in this family, because that's what we love :)

Then I woke up at five. Yaaay. Heard the keyboard clicking. Came downstairs and found Craig still playing WOW! Um, because it's reading break? We had a nice nap today.

On the not so fun side, my boss has scheduled me for 15-20 hours a week next month! Because apparently she would like me to live in a cardboard box? People suggest that we could go out less...I almost died laughing, we go out for dinner once every 3 months! I've been to one movie and rented two since we moved here. I don't think that not going out will have a considerable effect on the budget.

Argh!

Anyway, look, I drew Pygmy Owl. And I love it, this is more what I want my art to look like in the future...I'm working on something fun with him, I'll show you when I'm done.