Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm a Crunchy Conservative?

Apparently that's the term for a conservative (yes to the bible, no to abortion type) Christian who is also of the environmentally conscious, feed the poor type mentality. I always just thought that meant that I was a fairly logical person...but it's always nice to know that there are others out there. It's hard to be the only logical one around (other than my family of course, who I love)...trying to explain to people that maybe buying apples that were grown next door and not doused in chemicals should be a normal thing. That if we're worried about the mercury content of tuna, perhaps instead of eating less tuna we should stop feeding them mercury?

I don't feel like these things should be revolutionary.

This week I have been reading Heaven, Eco-holic, and I just spent about 2 hours reading in the archives of Geez magazine (their tagline is "holy mischief in an age of fast faith"...that alone was enough to get me reading). I recommend them all. However it's starting to make me a bit twitchy and I think I'll curl up with a Janet Evanovich romance before bedtime.