Monday, November 09, 2009

Nursery Inspirations

Do you want to know what I'm plotting for the baby's room? Of course you do! It's a gender neutral approach for three reasons:

1) We don't know the gender.
2) I would do this room the same even if we did...because I love the colours. If it's a girl maybe I'll throw in some pink.
3) Gender neutral is the way to go for the big things...because we're planning on another kid still.

Also, I'm trying to avoid a theme, or even a strict colour scheme. I just want it to be cozy and bright and fun. Also whimsical.

So here we go:

Element #1 pale yellow walls with white trim.
Hawthorn Yellow (HC4) by Benjamin Moore to be exact...a half tint. And Simply White (OC-117).




Element #2 bright hits of colour. Such as bright artwork in white frames with white mats. Colourful quilt. Toys. Possibly curtains... Oh oh and definitely some paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling. In many happy colours.



Element #3 furniture in white and light wood. Only it's mostly furniture of my own that I'm painting. Or getting for free. Not so much the Oeuf hutch. Tragically.