Wednesday, September 29, 2010

regarding #2

So on my 30 before 30 list (see sidebar) I listed that I want to recover a chair. Here is the chair in question.


It rocks. Literally but not so much figuratively. It needs new upholstery in a bad way (not just for style's sake, it's quite worn) and the wood could use some love as well. I'm planning on stripping and revarnishing the wood, and redoing the upholstery with something fun. Still keeping the same style with the buttons and piping.

Why no, I've never done anything like this before. How hard can it be? (wait's for the laughter to die down). Seriously though, the important issue is...what fabric to choose. I keep going back and forth between more neutral (because it will be a lot of work, so I'd like it to last) or fun (because it will be a lot of work, so who wants a boring chair?). Opinions? Here are some of the fabric choices I've been looking at, what would you pick?: