Monday, December 06, 2010

Paper Garland



So when I pulled out my Christmas decorations this year, I realized that I hate them all. Okay, I actually realized this last year, but I was too busy puking to do anything about it. Turns out I didn't magically get new decorations in the last 11 months (where are the elves when you need them?). To clarify, I love my tree ornaments. I don't love the fake greenery and tastefully elegant gold decorations. They're pretty and all, but it turns out that my house is not tastefully elegant. Unless lime green has become classy. Lime green and gold just don't go. So I am trying to see what I can do about it, while spending as little money as possible. Partly because I am cheap, and partly because I don't actually want to get most of the decorations I can buy in this little town. That's how I ended up with all the fake greenery in the first place.



Here is project #1. I have seen similar garlands a lot in the past couple years, and it's super easy to make.

step 1 - cut out a bunch of paper circles. I used my circle cutters and some old wrapping paper. It's red on one side and white on the other, and matte.

step 2 sew them all together. On the sewing machine. It's super easy, you just feed them through.



Took me about an hour total to make this garland, and I looove it. Tragically, one garland does not equal decorated for Christmas. More to come.