Wednesday, October 05, 2011

30

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. When my alarm went off, Craig jumped out of bed, went downstairs and came up with a dozen roses and card (also my daughter, who had woken up with my alarm...usually she's my alarm). I had a midwife appointment in Nelson in the morning so we had a quick breakfast and drove over. Baby is good, I am good, everyone is happy. Then we went to the Mainstreet Diner for lunch and learned that little S loves calamari just as much as we do (they have the yummiest greek food there). Afterwords we went to Lucky, a new cupcake bar and got four cupcakes to go (Classic Chocolate with vanilla icing, Moroccan Lemon Blossom, Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel, and a mini Strawberries and Cream for S). They were amaaazingly yummy and I'm excited to go back and try more flavours next time we're in town.

We then drove out to Ainsworth for a swim. It was a misty, rainy day; the best kind of day for hot springs! By the time we got home I was beat (silly pregnantness) so we had spinach cannelloni and some cottage cheese pyrahi from a local market that sells homemade food. Then S went to bed and we curled up to watch the last two episodes of Dr Who for the season (sad!) and the second episode of Terra Nova (potentially good). All in all, a lovely day!

I got another couple years of ImagineFX for my birthday present from Craig as well as a serger (yay!) and a delightful crepe pan from my parents.

Good times. Wish I had me some Lucky cupcakes today...