Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gift wrap theme for 2008!

If you've ever spent a holiday with me, you'll know that I'm a wee bit crazy about the wrapping of presents. I love it. I love presents to look pretty, so that people are excited before they even open them. And at Christmas, I like it all to match. That's just how it is.

Anyway, this year I wanted to meet some criteria. 1) I didn't want it to be gold and white, because I've done gold and white so many years. I mean, I love it, it reminds me of champagne. But enough is enough already. 2) I wanted the wrap to be eco-friendly. Because, well you know. 3) I didn't want to actually buy anything. Because I'm still just not in the mood. I had considered doing fabric wrap, but that's a lot of money and a lot of work.


Here's what I did:
They're wrapped in brown paper (you could use newprint, or white paper as well) and the ribbon and bow are made of magazine pages. I found a magazine page that was mostly one colour (that's the tricky part) and cut it into 1 inch strips. I used one or two strips to wrap around the present, and turned 8 strips into the bow. I used this tutorial from How About Orange. I just mushed the flower up into a half circle. Viola!


Self High Five.