Sunday, December 07, 2008

7 Christmas Facts

Well, I was tagged by Amber to tell you 7 facts about myself. I think I've done that a couple times before. So I will try to come up with 7 Christmas related facts about myself, to mix things up a little.

1) When I was 9(?) I managed to get mauled by a cat right before family photos. I had nasty scratches down one side of my face. Thus there are photos of me and my brother in front of the tree with me always looking sort of to the side...very subtle.

2) I love Christmas cookies (big surprise I know) and my favourite is shortbread. I make standard shortbread and cinnamon shortbread. Sooo yummy. Real butter of course.

3) My parent's cat (who was once my cat, you know, when I lived at home), George, is a tree attacking machine. All the lower ornaments have to be fabric, and we always find them around on the floor. My parents wire the tree to the ceiling as he has pulled down more than one tree in his time. We keep thinking he'll outgrow this, but at 13(?) it seems unlikely.

4) I collect gold star ornaments. Possibly a hangover from when I was a teenager and "Gold star for effort!" was one of my favourite sayings. Possibly not.

5) One year I went carolling wearing the tree skirt as a...skirt. Oh yes, I was 17.

6) My favourite Christmas Carols are "Carol of the Bells" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" Something about minor keys.

7) Speaking of which, at my family Christmas Eve party (which is almost never on Christmas Eve) we each pick a carol and how many verses. I always choose to sing all the verses to my carol. Partly because I really like to sing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" but mostly because it always drove Barb crazy as she wanted to cut the singing short and get to the presents. I still do this. It still makes her crazy.

I tag....oh just do it and leave me a comment. It is for the fun!