Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Years Goals

A bit behind the crowd on this I know, but it's still the first week of the year :)

Last year my goals were:

To beef up my portfolio to the point where I could start sending it out.
I did and I did and I got one freelance job out of it.
I could have done more promo work then I did but it's always hard to balance life out. I did however get more design work than I had anticipated.

To keep my house clean, flylady style.
This worked just dandy until the end of April. Too much moving, not living in a real house, moving again...moving again...and then the craft fair madness and all. I fell off the wagon. I did maintain being much better at keeping on top of my dishes and laundry however, so that's a partial win.

To get my art forum up and running
that was a fun, but ultimately not sustainable project.

I was also playing around with the idea of becoming more crafty and starting up on Etsy by January last year. And that has been a success, although not overwhelmingly so.

Oh oh, and I should mention that I'm about 10 lbs lighter than I was last year this time. I credit pacing more at work and eating as much whole food as I can manage.

For this year my goals are (and some are things I've already been working on, but what the heck, might as well post them now):

- To adapt the flylady system to my tiny place and get it under control again!

- To continue to grow my creative business ventures, illustration, design and toy making. Specifically to do at least 4 portfolio email promos this year.

- To make a firmer effort to eat local. It's harder to do in winter, but I've stopped buying any produce from outside Canada. And I'm aiming for BC whenever possible. I've been trying to do this overall, but produce is the biggest deal for me. The globalization of food makes me crazy. It's scary, unsustainable and completely unnecessary. Happily we like apples a lot.

- To worry less about...you know the entire planet and all of humanity. And to trust God more. I'm having trouble with that these past couple months. And let me tell you it doesn't make for a happy Hanna.

How about you guys? Did last year shape up like you hoped? Any goals for the coming year?